Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Italian Cheese Cookies

I love butter. I just prefer using lots of butter on special occasions or on any occasion!

The second ingredient would be cheese and when I started searching for something cheesy, I found this great recipe at Kayotic that could cure my buttery, savoury palette.

Something new right?

Tasty, savory biscuits with lots of cheese, rosemary and sun-dried tomatoes on which I omitted out the sun dried tomatoes as the ones we have here is Singapore lacks freshness. I bought it once at Phoon huat at it was squashed and smelly!
-----------------------
I always try to keep the ingredients I use simple – things most people have stored in their kitchen cabinets or can easily buy at our local supermarket. I personally prefer using fresh herbs, but this also works very well with dried rosemary! You can choose between grating your own Parmesan or using pre-grated. I always go for the easy way out as time is of an essence. I do what is the most practical for me,


Italian Cheese Cookies
by Kayotic
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup Parmesan, grated (100 gr)
120 grams unsalted, cold butter, diced

Fresh Rosemary, minced or dried
Dash cayenne
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
This all there is to it.




Using a hand mixer or your hands, as well. Combine flour, cheese, butter, rosemary (I roughly used 1 sprig) cayenne and salt.

Mix until the dough forms a ball, take it out of the food processor and place it on your kitchen counter or cutting board.
Add the minced sun-dried tomatoes or in my case, no need and knead until it’s a supple dough. Sprinkle sugar if you like where in this case I wanted the sides with a little sweet crunch. Shape the dough into a log and place it on top of a piece of foil or wax paper. Wrap tightly.


Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes

Preheat your oven to 400F (200c). Use a really sharp knife and slice the dough in fairly thin slices. Don’t be fussy about it -they’re home made cookies and there’s simply no need for them to be absolutely, perfectly round! Part of their charm is the imperfection and the huge amounts of love you put into making them!


Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Let them cool on the rack


And enjoy your not normal tea time with these savouries.

No comments: