Friday, December 23, 2011

Jam Donut Muffins

I did not make this recently. This was made like decades ago and I have all this pending pictures to share.

So here is my take on Jam Donut muffins.

I was searching the net for some sweet eats which has strawberry jam included in it. Did I tell you before that hubby has a craze for anything strawberry?

This was when I found this recipe and tried. At that time , donuts in Singapore was so over-rated and I just wanted to make 1 differently. I constantly made sure that the ingredients gonna be used is simple and easy to get. And this was what I got.

I'm crazy about minis and so I was thinking of eating donuts ( with fillings ) in a bite.



Jam Donut Muffins ( from Taste.com.au )

Ingredients
  • 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
  • 2/3 cup caster sugar, plus 1/2 cup extra to coat
  • 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 175ml buttermilk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 tsp good-quality strawberry jam
  • 100g unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Directions:
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 12 hole mini muffin pan.
Sift the flour into a medium bowl, then add a pinch of salt and the caster sugar.
In a jug, combine the vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
Add to the dry mixture and stir to only just combine.
Place a spoonful of the mixture in each muffin hole and make an indent in the centre. Fill each indent with a generous 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry jam.
Cover the jam with the remaining muffin mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, melt the butter.
Combine the extra sugar and the cinnamon in a large bowl.
When the muffins are cool enough to handle, brush each muffin with the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar or dust it with some icing if you want.


Serve while still a little warm. It will be gone in minutes.

No comments: