Friday, February 17, 2012

Warm Blueberry Muffins

I was on working from home 1 day and I thought of the easiest , non-complicated but satisfying breakfast that could last me till after lunch. I open up the refrigerator and saw some left over blueberries which I had used most of them for the last galette orders.

What could be more delicious than a simple blueberry muffin in the morning served with English breakfast tea. That was just perfect for me. I could bake these withing 30 minutes.

Well yesterday my favorite niece tagged me a photo of her bakes and it was a scrumptious looking blueberry muffins topped with chocolate chips.

That was when I remembered I have not posted this easy recipe out.

Muffins are already sweet and so having bursting blueberries inside adds natural slight sourness which acts as a contrast to the sweetness. Ain't that delicious?

Just look at those juicy blueberries& fluffy muffins! 
Blueberry Muffins
from Noobcook
makes about a dozen (12) of a standard size cupcake/muffin liner

- 1 1/2 cups* (190g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup (225g) caster sugar
- 150g blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 65 grams butter, softened

* Cup refers to US cup measurement

Directions

1. Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together, and mix well.


2. Add in milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter and stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.


3. Fold in the blueberries into the mixture. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases till almost full.


4. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200C (400F) or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving. Store for a day in an airtight container. .
Otherwise it would just be gone when there still warm. :)

Right after I baked these goodies, I just had to tempt my team mates who are in the office.


And of course.. Cause of this I ended up baking these freshly the next few days for them.

Happy trying!


Lots of love from,

No comments: