Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pizza Dough

I love Pizza.


I wished I was born in Naples and get to eat Pizza every day. And no, I would never get sick of it as I get to eat different toppings anytime I decide too. The most important thing to me though would be the dough. I like my dough to have that sweetness and saltiness altogether. Thick or thin, it's up to how I roll it right. And I can never avoid stuffed crust pizza. Oooohh.. Yummy-ness!

And so I was in search for the best pizza dough and I found this at BigOven. A pizza dough recipe which has been used by this family for the pass 30 years and I thought it was perfect.

Try it this weekend! It's easier than you think.

Pizza Dough Ingredients:

1 package of dry yeast (12g) - I could find this in a pack of 3 at Cold Storage only.
3 tablespoons Butter
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1 1/10 table spoon sugar
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

Preparations:

Add sugar and dry yeast to the cup of warm water. Let stand 10 minutes.

Add the butter, salt and flour. Stir well, turn out and knead until dough is smooth.

Cover and allow to rise in a warm place. Punch down and allow to rise again.

Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness to fit pizza pan. Leave to rise again while you prepare the filling.


It's that easy.

This recipe yields 2 big pizzas while I was able to make 4 smalls ones and 1 stuffed string cheese crust pizza. The flexibility of a pizza is you can choose any type of base sauce and toppings that you want.

I personally would be very generous on the cheese and you can never get that when you dine out. Choose variations of cheese like my favourite 4 cheese pizza of Mozarella, Cheddar, Parmesan and Gruyere.

It's awesome!

I had a pizza party and everyone gets to design their own pizza. the guys especially was so excited. Their designs.




  This was how fat I stuffed my crust!

This recipe is definitely a keeper.

 yes i do..

No comments: