Sunday, December 12, 2010

Homemade Banana Cake

My favourite fruit would be bananas. Love them and will never get sick of them. You can eat on its own, make a peanut butter with banana sandwich, fry them and of course bake them to my favourite Banana cake.

My idea of a perfect Sunday is tea, a home baked cake or dessert and a movie with my love ones. It's a day to just sit back and enjoy the sunny day with birds chirping right outside my window.

I would not want to bake something complicated on this relaxing day and I have just the recipe which would take me for about an our to get ready for my lazy Sunday.

I have got this recipe with me for quite a while and I apologize as I really don't remember where I got this recipe from. But this recipe was a keeper. A moist banana cake which sweetness come moe from the banana than sugar.


Homemade Banana Cake
source : unknown

Ingredients:
227 grams Unsalted Butter
1 cup Sugar
4 Eggs
4 tbsp Condensed Milk
4 Ripe Bananas ( 1 3/4 cups ) Mashed
1 tsp vanilla or banana essence
2 cups Plain Flour ( I used cake flour caued I had balance )
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp fine Salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 175 degress. Grease 8 x 8 inch square pan.
Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set them aside.
Beat soft butter and sugar on high speed till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix till smooth.
Then mix in those mashed banana ( I make sure that the bananas are chunky instead of being really smooth, as thi will give you a nice texture while eating them ), vanilla and milk. Mix well.
Lower the speed of the mixer and then slowly add flour and blend till smooth.
Pour the mixture in the grease pan and bake for 50 minutes.

Test with a skewer to enure that the whole cake is cook. Cool the cake in the pan for 5 mins before erving it warm with a nice cup of tea.

Here is my nice golden banana cake where I've topped up slice almonds for an extra crunch.

Happy Happy Sunday!

yes i do..

No comments: